- Sesame seeds (Til) are tiny, oil-rich seeds that grow in pods on the Sesamum indicum plant.
- Sesame seeds (Til) have many potential health benefits and have been used in folk medicine for thousands of years. They may protect against heart disease, diabetes, and arthritis (1Trusted Source).
- Sesame seeds (Til) are high in magnesium, which may help lower blood pressure. Additionally, their antioxidants may help prevent plaque buildup.
- Sesame seeds (Til) may aid blood sugar control because they’re low in carbs and high in quality protein and healthy fats. What’s more, they contain a plant compound that may help in this regard.
- Sesame seeds (Til) are a good source of several nutrients that are important for immune system function, including zinc, selenium, copper, iron, vitamin B6, and vitamin E, help fight against viruses.